Thursday 10 September 2015

Draft from Scamps 3

As I develop my designs, my skills have refined as I do so, making a lot of my drawings more crisp and detailed than they were before. There was less for me to improve on this draft, as I believe it was close to what I would like to use for my end piece. However, I still found imperfections that could be changed for my final draft.

For example, my fog in this draft covered too much of the background, and made the draft seem empty and unfinished, this is an effect I wanted to avoid so my game seemed filled with exciting things to my audience. I was going to back this up further by using colours that stand out when I develop my cover to include details such as colours. However, I do believe the wavy extra lines I had added had helped add a sharper texture to the fog, making it appear more defined and more worth of a border.

More imperfections have still been noted, such as on the arm of my third character, the use for the arm has been changed frequently as I develop my character's own custom outfits making them each unique yet still have something in common. But the idea of the third character having a bow, or a torch didn't work and used up valuable space I needed for my silhouetted background, which has vastly improved the quality of my work by allowing the audience to see my characters above all else. So in my final draft, a better use for his hand is needed to give a cleaner effect and make my characters appear to be more huddled together.

Previously, my silhouette was doing a good job of bringing emphasis to the characters, however I wanted a stronger theme of night, so I decided dark buildings with lit up windows would be the answer to solve this, this was more of a test, and I think if I further develop how I have done it, it could be included in my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment